Luxy Style Guide on How to Wear Statement Fur Coat
Never be afraid for being the center of attention because you totally will steal everyone’s attention when you are in a statement fur coat! Don’t want to look like a gigantic gorilla? Follow my style guide to make sure to look like a diva instead of a nada.
Fur Coat by Lover & Friends via Revolve Clothing // Faux Leather Pants by Blank NYC via Shopbop or Nordstrom // Black Turtleneck by Toteme ( Similar Turtleneck Cashmere Sweater by Equipment ) // Garden Party Gold 30 Bag by Hermes // 2ct Fancy Yellow Diamond Double Halo Ring by Startdust.
- Faux Fur Coat: I don’t even want to get into the horror stories on how people make real fur coats. Let’s just agree to this post is strictly on styling Faux Furs only. The one I am wearing here is the Selena Faux Fur Coat by Lovers & Friends, I love how quality made they are, the lining is silky smooth and it keeps you warm like no others.
Keep in mind that all of these coats will go with leather pants so I think you can’t go wrong with getting this pair of Leather Pants by Blank NYC. I approved the quality, the cut and the length, it’s beautifully cropped, perfect to wear with ankle booties for a day out or a pair of Louboutin for a night out. If you want to how to style the pair of leather pants in real life? Click here to watch an old video of mine.
Different types of Faux Fur Coats:
- Colored Fur Coats: I highly recommend this aqua blue faux fur coat also by Lover & Friends x Revolve ! It’s easy to style, goes with a basic white tee and a pair of sleek leather pants. If you have a pair of knee high boots, even better! Take a look at my 5 Shoes All Power Woman Should Own to find the best OTK / Knee high boots to complete the look!
- Patterned Fur Coats: I am still amazed by how they dye patterns on a cool fur coat. Perhaps it might be a similar concept to dying your hair. Who knows. But I think this John & Jenn by Line Timothy Faux Fur Coat is to die for! Again, all these coats are super easy to style, all you need in a basic outfit to go with inside, you got it! The standard black and white formula for Winter: White Tee + Leather Pants + Any Boots.
- The Classic Black Fur Coats: It’s easy to find a black top but definitely not easy to find a nice black fur coat. A cheap black fur coat will make you look trashy. Yup, that’s right. Black is definitely not a color to mess with. But this Tess Faux Fur Coat by Heartloom is of great quality and such an affordable staples to go into your wardrobe!
You can’t go wrong with this classic formula to go with your Statement Fur Coat!
- White Tees: I especially love this Pima Cotton T-shirt by Adam Lippes via Net-a-Porter, I think it is the perfect balance between casual and classic.
- Leather Pants: The one I am wearing in the video and in the picture is the Faux Leather Pants by Blank NYC via Shopbop or Nordstrom. However, here are a lot more options for you:
- OTK Boots / Knee High Boots / Ankle Boots: I talked about my favourite Dolce Vita Ankle Booties in my video under my last post 5 Shoes Every Power Woman Should Own and I found these nearly identical pair Pistol Ankle Boots ones by Acne. For more boots:
- Classic Pumps: Oh this section secretly turns me on. 😉 These pumps are drop dead gorgeous and trust me they are my ABSOLUTE favorites. Its the same concept as there is no such thing as looking too sexy, or having too much money, or having too much fun. There is no such thing as owning too many pairs of classic pumps. I seriously can’t focus right now. Look at these Sharpstagram 100 crisscross patent-leather pumps by Christian Louboutin. I can’t talk anymore.