Goodnight Macaroon Layla Cape // Jimmy Choo Knee High Boots ( Shop similar knee high boots at Nordstrom ) // Hermes Garden Party 30 // AG Ankle Legging Jeans White // Turtleneck sweater // South Sea Pearl Earrings // Dior Reflected Sunglasses
My New Year Resolutions 2016
Looking back at 2015, I can’t help but get extremely sentimental. I was faced with extremely tough decisions, choices and predicaments. Let’s just say I face obstacles on a daily basis and it just seems like someone was playing a big joke on me. But I was so blessed to have a bunch of loving friends and family who stood by me and I am still grateful for all the hardships that throw at me at my worst as it makes me stronger and it shapes me into the woman I’ve become today. If we come across each other’s lives one day, you might find it true, I am quite the tough cookie but also sprinkled with a dash of craziness.
Now, I can’t wait for 2016 to come! Thanks for all the lessons in 2015, I’m ready! So here are my 2016 New Year Resolutions:
- Calm Down: This one makes me laugh – just because I’m your type A busy bee who is always restless. I choose to be this way. Silly. It is no joke when you have to run a business and deal with all the day to day duties, oh don’t forget the something-goes-wrong-and-everyone-looks-at-you-for-a-solution kind of moment. When you get off work ( who am I kidding, there is no real get-off-work time for a start up or “entrepreneur” ) , I have to deal with my personal life, running errands, paying bills, taking care of everyone, carrying a massive responsibility and don’t forget the dogs ( they are the owners, I am just a slave ). But seriously, I need to calm down. I can feel the body is slowly deteriorating and body aches are no fun. I will NOT marry my job. Work life balance is important lesson to learn in 2016.
- Exercise: I started working out with my PT and I can really feel the difference. Exercise is really important, my ultimate goal is not to get into shape but more of improving postures and reducing stress. Loving the sets of routines I have been doing, I might start sharing some fitness tips and work out routines for women in my upcoming posts, they are super easy with no equipments required and effective. Of course, getting into shape or get fit will come along anyways even if that’s not what I’m aiming for.
- Date Myself: This year, I went through a divorce and several break ups. Although I don’t plan on sharing any intimate details here on the blog, but I can say oh man that was one hell of an emotionally insane learning experience of myself. I can’t stress enough how important it is to feel content alone before getting into a relationship. I was not myself after the divorce and constantly finding a “rebound” that wasn’t even right for me. One thing I learnt this year is that don’t ever rely your happiness on someone, try finding happiness elsewhere. For me, I find happiness in my work and blogging. I can’t wait to create more content for 2016 and really making it happen! Luxy Theory is a one stop style guide on wardrobe staples. I hope you will find my upcoming posts helpful. You can start finding outfit ideas with what you already have in your wardrobe.
- Be Myself: I was constantly belittled in my last relationship and I started doubting myself. You know what, there is nothing wrong with me, I’m not changing for anyone. As long as you know what is right, and always have a kind heart, that’s all you need to do. Embrace the wild side of you, the quiet side of you, and the weird side of you.
- Keep trusting my gut: I can’t say I am always right but your gut knows what your mind hasn’t figure out. When you feel like something doesn’t quite add up, trust your gut. When you walk into something new blindly, listen to your inner voice. If it feels right, it’s right.
- Travel: They say travel while you’re young. But instead of all the “safe choice” aka the major cities, I want to explore the other side of the world. I don’t want anything fancy, but definitely somewhere that leaves me with major wow factors.
- Eat Clean: Yup, you heard me. I’m planning to eat clean. I don’t know if it means you have to eat everything raw, which I’m not going to do. But I’m definitely trying to adopt a healthy eating habit where I will be including lots of greens to my diet, and less red meats for sure.
- Sleep before 12: This one is hard. REALLY HARD. But I will try anyways, it’s really important to have a good sleep every night to regenerate cells in your body. I need to start putting away my phones and screens before 10 so my mind can stop travelling into the creative world and cause me insomnia.
- Be Consistent: I’m used to this. Being consistent in what I do. But I’m trying to allocate more time to blogging this year. I found my passion and I’m not going to let it go anymore.
- Learn: As Oprah said, always sign your own checks. We have the internet now, and there are just so many new informations that are great for marketing, coding and development and not to mention all the social media elements, especially Pinterest and Instagram where it is an imagery based platforms which are rather helpful for a fashion blog and an online store. I am planning to self-learn daily and read at least one new article. Perhaps to elaborate and share with you all here on the blog as well. Internet is a fast changing world and to be successful in doing ecommerce and blogging, we need to pick up the ‘What’s Hot Right Now’ ASAP.
Cheers everyone! Happy New Year! Lets start a beautiful 2016!